Saturday, June 02, 2007

Seven haiku based on the speed dating activity during work's planning day

Date no.1:
she sings!
All of a sudden you make sense
One more of 'us'

Date no.2:
you're too pretty
to be interesting
too bad

Date no.3:
I like you
Don't even care if you're lying
Silver tongued sweetness

Date no.4:
I point out
your sense of irony
and win you with mine

Date no.5:
my self consciousness
speaks, stringing a platitude
Words worth at arms length

Date no.6:
I meander an
assessment of you - and undo
myself en route

Date no.7:
you've got balls!
things you don't say to a woman
But I'm man enough

Reflection:
extending to you
I build a bridge to myself
You get what you give

Ian Row

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

your planning days are obviously more exciting than mine!!cathy

Hot Cross Haiku said...

oh it's party central over here ;-)